COVID-19 Reopening Rules and Regulations
RJH Fitness Centre Rules and Regulations (COVID-19 Update)
**Working out in the RJH Fitness Centre is at the Member’s own risk**
Members must complete screening checklist prior to entry. If a member has COVID-19 related symptoms or if they have been in direct contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms, they are NOT allowed to enter the gym.
Members only allowed in gym. Non-members are not permitted at any time – even if they are not working out. RJHFS memberships are non-transferable.
A maximum number of 6 people are allowed in the gym. Members must sign in on the whiteboard and limit their workout to 1 hour.
Members must maintain physical distance of at least 2 meters between themselves and other users while using the gym. Do not use equipment that has been taped off.
No Food and Beverages (other than water) permitted. Help us keep our gym clean and free from crumbs!
Phone Calls (even using Bluetooth) are not permitted in the gym. Please step outside if you need to make or receive a call.
Return and wipe down equipment after each use.
Dress appropriately: closed toe shoes and exercise appropriate clothing only. No scrubs or work clothes please.
Use equipment properly and safely: there are posted instructions to help you.
Dropping/Slamming weights is prohibited. Use spotters when necessary.
- Sign up on the designated sign up board when using cardiovascular equipment. Limit of 30 minutes to ensure everyone gets a turn.
- Share the equipment. Take turns during sets.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer pre-and-post workout to stop the spread of germs.
- Chalk is prohibited in the weight room.
- Lockers in the change rooms are for daily use only. Locks left over 24 hrs. may be removed by the PCC General Manager. Cubicles are available for Members only. RJHFS and Island Health are not liable or responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged belongings.
Violation of RJH Fitness Society Rules, Policies and Bylaws or other inappropriate behavior may lead to removal from the RJH Fitness Centre and/or suspension of RJH Fitness Centre privileges.
Have Fun and Enjoy Your Workout!